Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) offers a unique opportunity for area high school juniors to develop leadership skills, identify and address community issues and interact with local leaders. This is accomplished through a combination of interactive lectures, discussions, site visits, community service and networking.
The program consists of four class days and two community service activities. Each class focuses on topics such as public safety, government, interviewing skills, personal finances, non-profits and the environment. Students will have the opportunity to tour the State Capitol and engage with elected officials and business leaders.
ELP’s mission is to provide students with an understanding of the concept of leadership, and provide skills and knowledge to become effective leaders in our communities.
Attendance is mandatory for all ELP participants in order to fully benefit from the program.
Class of 2018 Schedule:
- Sept. 15, 2017 - Application Deadline
- Sept. 27, 2017 - Orientation Reception – 6:00pm–7:30pm
- Oct. 06, 2017 - Class #1 – 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Nov. 11, 2017 - Community Service Activity* - 9:30am - 12:00pm
- Dec. 16, 2017 - Community Service Activity*
- Jan. 15, 2018 - Class #2 – 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Feb. 16, 2018 - Class #3 (Time TBD)
- Mar. 09, 2018 - Class #4 (Time TBD)
- Mar. 24, 2018 - Project Presentations (Time TBA)
- Apr. 18, 2018 - Graduation Reception – 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Applications and nominations for the 2017-2018 Class of the Emerging Leaders Program are now closed.
Please use this recommendation form for students interested in the 2018-2019 Class.
For more information, contact Carol Anderson-Wood.