Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) offers a unique opportunity for area high schoolers who wish to develop leadership skills, identify and address community issues and interact with local leaders. This is accomplished through a combination of interactive lectures, discussions, site visits, community service, and networking opportunities.
The program consists of six class days. Each class focuses on topics such as public safety, government, interviewing skills, personal finance, nonprofits, and leadership skills.
ELP’s mission is to provide students with an understanding of the concept of leadership, and provide skills and knowledge to become effective leaders in our communities.
Attendance is mandatory for all ELP participants. Each class day typically runs 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with a few exceptions.
- Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
- Opening Reception - September 18, 2019 (evening)
- Class #1: October 11, 2019
- Class #2: November 5, 2019
- Class #3: December 7, 2019
- Class #4: January 11, 2020
- Class #5: TBD
- Class #6: March 13, 2020
- Graduation Reception and 2021 Preview: April 15, 2020 (evening)
Use the link below to apply for the 2019-2020 Class of the Emerging Leaders Program:
For more information, or to submit a recommendation, email Katie Harding.